What is the antonym of “irreconcilable”?
The antonym of irreconcilable are compatible, reconcilable, and agreeable. These words convey the opposite meaning of irreconcilable, which means that two things or people cannot be made compatible or harmonious.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to coexist or work together without conflict.
Their personalities were so compatible that they never had any disagreements.
Capable of being brought into harmony or agreement.
Although they had different opinions, their views were reconcilable through compromise.
Willing to agree or consent to something; pleasant or enjoyable.
The weather was so agreeable that they decided to have a picnic in the park.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Compatible refers to things that can coexist or work together without conflict.
- 2Reconcilable refers to things that can be brought into harmony or agreement.
- 3Agreeable refers to things that are pleasant or enjoyable.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the compatibility of people in relationships.
- 2Workplace: Use these antonyms to describe the compatibility of different ideas or projects in the workplace.
- 3Everyday Life: Use these antonyms to describe the compatibility of different activities or events in everyday life.