What is the antonym of “irritability”?
The antonyms of irritability are calmness and composure. The antonyms calmness and composure convey a state of being relaxed, composed, and not easily agitated. It implies a lack of irritability, impatience, or agitation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A state of being relaxed, composed, and not easily agitated.
She faced the challenging situation with calmness and managed to resolve it successfully.
The state of being calm, collected, and in control of one's emotions.
Despite the unexpected turn of events, he maintained his composure and handled the situation with ease.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calmness refers to a state of being relaxed and not easily agitated.
- 2Composure refers to the ability to remain calm, collected, and in control of one's emotions in challenging situations.
Good things to know
- 1Stress Management: Use calmness and composure as a reminder to stay calm and composed in stressful situations.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to de-escalate conflicts and promote peaceful resolutions.
- 3Mental Health: Utilize these antonyms to describe positive emotional states and promote mental well-being.
The antonyms calmness and composure convey a state of being relaxed, composed, and not easily agitated. Use these words to manage stress, resolve conflicts peacefully, and promote mental well-being by describing positive emotional states.