What is the antonym of “joyless”?
The antonyms of joyless are joyful, happy, and pleasurable. These words convey a positive emotional state, implying happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or expressing great happiness and delight.
She was joyful when she received the news that she got the job.
Feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
He was happy with his new car and couldn't wait to take it for a spin.
Causing a feeling of enjoyment or satisfaction.
Swimming in the ocean on a hot day is a pleasurable experience.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Joyful implies a great sense of happiness and delight.
- 2Happy conveys a feeling of pleasure or contentment.
- 3Pleasurable describes something that causes enjoyment or satisfaction.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use joyful, happy, and pleasurable to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Describe Experiences: Utilize these antonyms to describe experiences and emotions effectively.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these words in your daily conversations to enrich your vocabulary.
The antonyms of joyless are joyful, happy, and pleasurable. These words convey a positive emotional state, implying happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure. Use these words to express gratitude, describe experiences, and enrich your vocabulary.