What is the antonym of “judge”?
The antonyms of judge are advocate, defender, and supporter. The antonyms advocate, defender, and supporter convey a positive or supportive stance towards a person, idea, or cause. It implies a willingness to help, protect, or promote.
See all the antonyms of “judge”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
She is an advocate for animal rights and has been working tirelessly to raise awareness about animal cruelty.
A person who protects or supports someone or something against attack, criticism, or opposition.
He is a defender of free speech and believes that everyone should have the right to express their opinions without fear of retaliation.
A person who approves of and encourages someone or something.
She is a supporter of renewable energy and has been advocating for the use of solar and wind power.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Advocate is a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
- 2Defender is a person who protects or supports someone or something against attack, criticism, or opposition.
- 3Supporter is a person who approves of and encourages someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Debate: Use advocate, defender, and supporter to express support for a particular position or idea in a debate or discussion.
- 2Politics: These antonyms are commonly used in political contexts to describe people who support a particular candidate, party, or policy.
- 3Sports: Use these antonyms to describe fans who support a particular team or athlete.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Advocate supports a particular cause or policy, defender protects against attack or opposition, and supporter approves and encourages. Use these words in debates, political contexts, and sports to express support for a person, idea, or cause.