What is the antonym of “kinder”?
The antonyms of kinder are crueler, meaner, and harsher. These antonyms convey a negative or unkind behavior towards others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing no mercy or compassion; causing pain or suffering to others.
The dictator's regime was known for its cruel treatment of political prisoners.
Intentionally unkind or hurtful towards others; lacking empathy or compassion.
The bully's mean comments made the other kids feel bad about themselves.
Severe or strict in manner, attitude, or treatment; causing discomfort or pain.
The coach's harsh criticism of the team's performance made them feel demotivated.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Crueler implies a deliberate intention to cause pain or suffering to others.
- 2Meaner suggests a lack of empathy or compassion towards others, often resulting in hurtful behavior.
- 3Harsher describes a severe or strict manner or treatment that may cause discomfort or pain.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different shades of meaning.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more nuanced characters and situations.
- 3Develop Empathy: Reflect on how these antonyms affect others and strive to be kinder in your interactions.
The antonyms of kinder are crueler, meaner, and harsher. These antonyms convey negative or unkind behavior towards others. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and develop empathy towards others.