What is the antonym of “kindlier”?
The antonyms of kindlier are unkind, unfriendly, and malevolent. These words convey a negative attitude towards others, implying a lack of kindness, warmth, or generosity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking in sympathy or kindness; cruel or harsh.
It was unkind of him to make fun of her accent.
Not disposed to friendship or friendliness; hostile or aloof.
The new neighbors were unfriendly and never returned our greetings.
Having or showing a wish to do evil to others.
The malevolent witch cast a spell on the prince, turning him into a frog.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unkind implies cruelty or harshness, while unfriendly suggests hostility or aloofness.
- 2Malevolent is a more extreme term that implies a desire to do harm or evil to others.
- 3Kindlier is the comparative form of kind, which means having or showing a friendly, generous, or considerate nature.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Relationships: Use kindlier to express appreciation and gratitude towards others.
- 2Avoid Conflict: Use antonyms like unkind, unfriendly, and malevolent to describe negative behaviors and attitudes in a non-confrontational way.
- 3Enhance Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms of kindlier are unkind, unfriendly, and malevolent. These words describe negative attitudes towards others, ranging from lack of kindness to hostility and malevolence. Use these words to improve relationships, avoid conflict, and enhance your vocabulary and communication skills.