What is the antonym of “laboriously”?
The antonyms of laboriously are easily, effortlessly, and smoothly. These words convey a sense of ease and lack of difficulty in completing a task.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Without difficulty or effort; with ease.
She solved the math problem easily because she had studied it before.
Without exertion or difficulty; with ease.
He played the piano piece effortlessly because he had practiced it many times.
In a way that is even, without bumps or obstacles; without problems or difficulties.
The project went smoothly because everyone worked together and communicated effectively.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Easily and effortlessly both describe doing something without difficulty, but effortlessly implies doing something without any exertion.
- 2Smoothly describes doing something without any bumps or obstacles, while easily and effortlessly describe doing something without difficulty.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety to your writing and convey different levels of ease.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Use these antonyms to describe tasks or activities and show your level of ease or difficulty in completing them.
The antonyms of laboriously convey a sense of ease and lack of difficulty. Easily and effortlessly describe doing something without difficulty, while smoothly describes doing something without any bumps or obstacles. Use these words to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and enrich your conversations.