What is the antonym of “lacerate”?
The antonyms of lacerate are heal and mend. The antonyms heal and mend convey a positive state of recovery or repair. It implies the restoration of a damaged or injured object or person.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To become healthy again; to recover from an injury or illness.
With proper care, the wound will heal in a few days.
To repair something that is broken or damaged.
He used glue to mend the broken vase.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Heal is used when referring to the recovery of a living organism, such as a person or animal, from an injury or illness.
- 2Mend is used when referring to the repair of an object, such as clothing, furniture, or a tool.
Good things to know
- 1Medical Context: Use heal to describe the process of recovery from an injury or illness.
- 2Repair Context: Use mend to describe the process of fixing or repairing an object.
- 3Metaphorical Context: Use these antonyms in metaphors to describe emotional or psychological healing or repair.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Heal refers to the recovery of a living organism, while mend refers to the repair of an object. Use these words in medical or repair contexts, or in metaphors to describe emotional or psychological healing or repair.