What is the antonym of “lacked”?
The antonyms of lacked are have, possess, and own. These words convey the opposite meaning of lacked, which means not having something that is needed or desired.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To possess, own, or hold something.
I have a car that I use to go to work.
To have or own something; to hold or control something.
He possesses a great deal of knowledge about history.
To have something as one's own; to possess or hold something.
She owns a beautiful house in the countryside.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Have is a general term that describes the act of possessing or holding something.
- 2Possess is a more formal term that implies control or ownership of something.
- 3Own is a more personal term that implies a strong sense of possession or ownership.
Good things to know
- 1Daily Conversations: Use these antonyms to describe ownership or possession of something.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and clarity to your sentences.
- 3Business: Use these antonyms in business contexts to describe ownership or control of assets.
The antonyms of lacked are have, possess, and own. These words convey the opposite meaning of lacked, which means not having something that is needed or desired. Use these words in daily conversations, writing, or business contexts to describe ownership or possession of something.