What is the antonym of “laithly”?
The antonyms of laithly are beautiful, attractive, and lovely. These words describe someone or something that is pleasing to the eye or aesthetically pleasing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Pleasing to the senses, especially sight; attractive.
The sunset was so beautiful that it took my breath away.
Appealing to the senses, especially sight; pleasing.
She was wearing an attractive dress that caught everyone's attention.
Delightful in appearance, manner, or nature; beautiful.
The garden was filled with lovely flowers of all colors.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Beautiful is a general term that describes something that is aesthetically pleasing.
- 2Attractive is a more specific term that describes something that is appealing to the senses.
- 3Lovely is a term that describes something that is delightful in appearance, manner, or nature.
Good things to know
- 1Complimenting: Use beautiful, attractive, and lovely to compliment someone or something.
- 2Describing: Use these antonyms to describe people, places, or things in a positive way.
- 3Creative Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in creative writing to add vivid descriptions and imagery.