What is the antonym of “lamentable”?
The antonyms of lamentable are commendable, praiseworthy, and laudable. The antonyms commendable, praiseworthy, and laudable convey a positive or admirable quality. It implies something that is worthy of praise, admiration, or approval.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving of praise or approval; worthy of recommendation.
Her dedication to her work is truly commendable.
Deserving of praise or admiration; worthy of commendation.
His efforts to help the community are praiseworthy.
Deserving of praise or recognition; worthy of honor.
Their commitment to environmental protection is laudable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Commendable suggests that something is worthy of recommendation or approval.
- 2Praiseworthy suggests that something is deserving of praise or admiration.
- 3Laudable suggests that something is worthy of honor or recognition.
Good things to know
- 1Express Approval: Use commendable, praiseworthy, and laudable to express your admiration or approval for someone's actions.
- 2Encourage Positive Behavior: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to encourage positive behavior.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a positive tone and convey a sense of admiration.