What is the antonym of “lasted”?
The antonyms of lasted are ceased, stopped, and ended. These words convey the idea of something coming to an end or stopping.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To come to an end; stop.
The rain had ceased by the time we arrived at the park.
To come to a halt; cease moving.
The car stopped at the red light.
To bring to a conclusion; terminate.
The concert ended at midnight.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ceased implies that something has come to an end, but it does not necessarily mean that it was stopped intentionally.
- 2Stopped refers to something that was in motion and has come to a halt.
- 3Ended suggests that something has been brought to a conclusion or terminated.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety to your writing and avoid repetition.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
- 3Enrich Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in your conversations to express ideas more effectively.
The antonyms of lasted are ceased, stopped, and ended. These words convey the idea of something coming to an end or stopping. Use them to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and enrich your conversations.