What is the antonym of “lengthful”?
The antonyms of lengthful are concise and succinct. The antonyms concise and succinct convey the idea of being brief, clear, and to the point. They imply that something is expressed in a few words without unnecessary details or elaboration.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing much in few words; clear and succinct.
The professor's lecture was concise and to the point, covering all the essential topics in just an hour.
Briefly and clearly expressed; concise.
The CEO's email was succinct and to the point, outlining the company's goals for the next quarter in just a few sentences.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Concise implies expressing much in few words, while succinct implies being brief and clear.
- 2Concise can be used to describe a piece of writing or speech, while succinct is more commonly used to describe a written text.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use concise and succinct to express ideas clearly and effectively in academic papers.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate antonyms in emails and reports to convey information clearly and efficiently.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Utilize these antonyms in everyday conversations to express yourself clearly and avoid rambling.
The antonyms concise and succinct convey the idea of being brief, clear, and to the point. Use these words to express ideas clearly and effectively in academic writing, professional communication, and everyday conversation.