What is the antonym of “like”?
The antonym of like can be unlike, dissimilar, or hate. The antonyms convey a different meaning and are used in different contexts.
See all the antonyms of “like”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not similar or alike.
Her dress was unlike anything I had ever seen before.
Not alike or similar; different.
Although they were twins, their personalities were dissimilar.
To feel intense or passionate dislike for someone or something.
I hate spiders because they scare me.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unlike is used to describe things that are not similar or alike.
- 2Dissimilar is used to describe things that are different from each other.
- 3Hate is used to describe a strong feeling of dislike or aversion towards someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Comparing Things: Use unlike and dissimilar to compare two or more things that are different.
- 2Expressing Dislike: Use hate to express a strong feeling of dislike or aversion towards someone or something.
- 3Describing Differences: Use unlike and dissimilar to describe how two or more things are different from each other.
The antonyms of like are unlike, dissimilar, and hate. Use unlike and dissimilar to compare things that are different, and use hate to express a strong feeling of dislike or aversion. These words can also be used to describe differences between things.