What is the antonym of “lineup”?
The antonyms of lineup are disorder and disarray. The antonyms disorder and disarray convey a lack of order or organization. It implies a state of confusion, chaos, or messiness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A state of confusion or lack of order.
The room was in complete disorder with clothes strewn all over the floor.
A state of disorganization or untidiness.
The books on the shelf were in complete disarray with no apparent order.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disorder refers to a lack of order or organization, often resulting in confusion or chaos.
- 2Disarray refers to a state of disorganization or untidiness, often resulting in a messy or cluttered appearance.
Good things to know
- 1Organization: Use lineup to describe an orderly arrangement of people or things.
- 2Disorganization: Use disorder and disarray to describe a lack of order or organization.
- 3Cleaning: Use disarray to describe a messy or cluttered appearance that needs cleaning.