What is the antonym of “listenable”?
The antonyms of listenable are unlistenable, unbearable, and irritating. These words describe sounds or music that are difficult or unpleasant to hear.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Impossible or extremely difficult to listen to.
The sound quality was so poor that the recording was unlistenable.
Intolerable or too painful to endure.
The noise from the construction site was unbearable and made it impossible to concentrate.
Causing annoyance, frustration, or anger.
The constant beeping of the car alarm was irritating and disturbed the peace of the neighborhood.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unlistenable describes sounds that are difficult or impossible to listen to due to poor quality or other factors.
- 2Unbearable describes sounds that are intolerable or too painful to endure.
- 3Irritating describes sounds that cause annoyance, frustration, or anger.
Good things to know
- 1Music Reviews: Use these antonyms to describe music that is difficult to listen to or unbearable.
- 2Movie Reviews: Incorporate these antonyms to describe sound effects or background music that is irritating or distracting.
- 3Everyday Conversations: Use these words to describe sounds or noises that are unpleasant or disturbing.
The antonyms of listenable describe sounds or music that are difficult, unpleasant, or intolerable to hear. Use these words to describe music or sounds in reviews, everyday conversations, or to express your feelings about unpleasant noises.