Definitions and Examples of lower, inferior, base
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Less high or less important than something else.
The ground floor apartment was lower in rent than the one on the top floor.
Lower in quality, value, or importance than something else.
The store brand cereal was inferior in taste and texture compared to the name brand.
Morally low or dishonorable; lacking in dignity or worth.
His base behavior towards his coworkers got him fired from his job.
Key Differences: lower vs inferior vs base
- 1Lower is used to describe something that is physically or hierarchically below something else.
- 2Inferior describes something that is of lower quality or value than something else.
- 3Base describes something that is morally low or dishonorable.
Effective Usage of lower, inferior, base
- 1Comparing Objects: Use lower and inferior to compare objects based on their physical or qualitative attributes.
- 2Judging Behavior: Use base to describe someone's immoral or dishonorable behavior.
- 3Expressing Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your opinions about something in a clear and concise manner.
The antonyms of loftier are lower, inferior, and base. Use lower to describe something that is physically or hierarchically below something else. Use inferior to describe something that is of lower quality or value than something else. Use base to describe something that is morally low or dishonorable. These words can be used to compare objects, judge behavior, and express opinions.