What is the antonym of “logic”?
The antonyms of logic are illogic and irrationality. The antonyms illogic and irrationality convey a lack of reason, coherence, or sound judgment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of logic or reason; irrationality.
His argument was full of illogic and fallacies.
Lack of reason or sound judgment; illogical or unreasonable behavior.
Her decision to quit her job without a backup plan was an act of irrationality.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Illogic refers to the absence of logical reasoning or coherence.
- 2Irrationality refers to the lack of sound judgment or reasonableness.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Critical Thinking: Use these antonyms to identify flawed arguments or reasoning.
- 2Improve Decision Making: Incorporate these antonyms to evaluate the pros and cons of different options.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in essays or articles to express contrasting viewpoints or perspectives.