What is the antonym of “lot”?
The antonyms of lot are individual and single. The antonyms individual and single convey a sense of singularity or small quantity. It implies a lack of abundance, multitude, or excess.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A single person or thing, distinct from a group or collection.
Each individual in the team has a unique role to play.
She prefers to work on her own, as she is more of an individual worker.
One only, not one of several; individual.
He lives in a single room apartment.
She is currently single and looking for a partner.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Individual refers to a single person or thing, distinct from a group or collection.
- 2Single refers to one only, not one of several; individual or unmarried.
Good things to know
- 1Quantify Objects: Use individual and single to describe a small quantity or singular object.
- 2Describe People: Use individual to describe a person's unique characteristics or single to describe their marital status.
- 3Avoid Repetition: Use these antonyms to avoid repetition of the word lot in writing or speaking.