What is the antonym of “lowermost”?
The antonym of lowermost is topmost and uppermost. The antonyms topmost and uppermost convey a higher position or location than the reference point. It implies a sense of elevation or height.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Located at or forming the top of something; highest in position or rank.
The topmost floor of the building offers a stunning view of the city skyline.
Situated at the highest or most elevated point; topmost.
The mountain peak was covered with snow, and its uppermost part was shrouded in mist.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Topmost refers to the highest point or position in a vertical direction, while uppermost refers to the highest point or position in a general sense.
- 2Lowermost refers to the lowest point or position in a vertical direction, while topmost and uppermost refer to the highest point or position.
Good things to know
- 1Spatial Description: Use topmost and uppermost to describe the highest point or position of an object or location.
- 2Navigation: Use topmost and uppermost to give directions to a higher location.
- 3Comparison: Use lowermost, topmost, and uppermost to compare the relative positions of objects or locations.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Topmost refers to the highest point or position in a vertical direction, while uppermost refers to the highest point or position in a general sense. Use these words to describe spatial locations, give directions, and make comparisons between objects or locations.