What is the antonym of “luring”?
The antonyms of luring are repulsive and unappealing. The antonyms repulsive and unappealing convey a negative or unattractive quality. It implies a lack of charm, appeal, or attractiveness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Causing intense disgust or aversion; extremely unpleasant.
The smell of the garbage was so repulsive that I had to hold my breath.
Not attractive or interesting; lacking charm or appeal.
The old building's exterior was unappealing and in need of renovation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Repulsive is a stronger term that describes something that causes intense disgust or aversion.
- 2Unappealing is a milder term that describes something that lacks charm or appeal.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use repulsive and unappealing to express negative qualities effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and characters.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Repulsive conveys intense disgust or aversion, while unappealing describes something that lacks charm or appeal. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and characters.