What is the antonym of “maintainable”?
The antonyms of maintainable are unmaintainable and unsustainable. These words describe something that cannot be kept up or sustained over time.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not able to be maintained or preserved.
The old building was unmaintainable due to its deteriorating condition.
Not capable of being continued or maintained over time.
The company's business model was unsustainable and eventually led to bankruptcy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unmaintainable refers to something that cannot be preserved or maintained, while unsustainable describes something that cannot be continued or maintained over time.
- 2Unmaintainable is often used to describe physical objects or structures, while unsustainable is more commonly used to describe systems or practices.
Good things to know
- 1Engineering: Use these antonyms to describe the durability and longevity of products or structures.
- 2Environmental Science: Utilize these words to describe the impact of human activities on the environment.
- 3Business: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the viability and sustainability of business models and practices.