What is the antonym of “malefic”?
The antonym of malefic is beneficent, benevolent, and kind. The antonyms beneficent, benevolent, and kind convey a positive or helpful nature. It implies a desire to do good or bring about positive outcomes.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Doing good or causing good to be done; producing benefit.
The beneficent king donated a large sum of money to the local hospital.
Well-meaning and kindly; desiring to do good.
The benevolent teacher always went out of her way to help her students.
Having or showing a friendly, generous, and considerate nature.
The kind stranger helped the old lady cross the street.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Beneficent describes actions that produce good outcomes.
- 2Benevolent describes a person who has a desire to do good.
- 3Kind describes a person who is friendly, generous, and considerate.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Express Gratitude: Use beneficent, benevolent, and kind to show appreciation for people who have helped you.
- 3Encourage Positive Behavior: Use these antonyms to encourage others to act in a positive and helpful manner.