What is the antonym of “malheur”?
The antonyms of malheur in French are fortune and luck. The antonyms fortune and luck convey a positive or fortunate state. It implies a good fate, success, or prosperity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A large amount of money or assets; wealth.
He inherited a great fortune from his grandfather and decided to invest it in real estate.
Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.
She had the luck to win the lottery and became an instant millionaire.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fortune refers to a large amount of money or assets, while luck refers to success or failure brought by chance.
- 2Fortune is often associated with inheritance or business success, while luck can be associated with random events or opportunities.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use fortune and luck to express gratitude for good fortune or success.
- 2Encourage: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage people to pursue their goals and dreams.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Fortune refers to wealth or assets, while luck refers to success or failure brought by chance. Use these words to express gratitude, encourage others, and enrich your vocabulary.