What is the antonym of “malign”?
The antonym of malign are praise, commend, and benevolent. The antonyms praise, commend, and benevolent convey a positive or approving emotional state. It implies a lack of criticism, disapproval, or ill will.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To express approval or admiration for someone or something.
The teacher praised the student for their hard work and dedication.
To express approval or admiration for someone or something, often by recommending them to others.
The manager commended the employee for their excellent performance and recommended them for a promotion.
Kindly and well-meaning; expressing goodwill and generosity.
The benevolent millionaire donated a large sum of money to charity.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praise is a general term that describes expressing approval or admiration.
- 2Commend is a more specific term that describes recommending someone or something to others.
- 3Benevolent is an adjective that describes a person or action as kind and well-meaning.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use praise, commend, and benevolent to express approval or admiration effectively.
- 2Show Gratitude: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate appreciation.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create positive characters and uplifting stories.