What is the antonym of “managed”?
The antonyms of managed are failed, botched, and mishandled. These words describe situations where things did not go as planned or were not handled properly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To be unsuccessful in achieving a goal or objective.
He failed the exam because he didn't study enough.
To carry out a task or job poorly or incompetently.
The handyman botched the repair job, and it ended up costing more to fix.
To handle something poorly or incorrectly, resulting in negative consequences.
The company mishandled the customer complaint, and it led to a loss of business.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Failed implies that the attempt to achieve a goal was not successful.
- 2Botched suggests that the task or job was carried out poorly or incompetently.
- 3Mishandled indicates that something was handled poorly or incorrectly, resulting in negative consequences.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe projects or initiatives that did not go as planned.
- 2Personal Life: Incorporate these words to describe situations where things did not turn out as expected.
- 3News and Media: Utilize these antonyms to describe events or situations where there was a failure or mistake.
The antonyms of managed are failed, botched, and mishandled. Use these words to describe situations where things did not go as planned or were not handled properly. Failed implies an unsuccessful attempt, botched suggests poor execution, and mishandled indicates poor handling leading to negative consequences. These antonyms can be used in business, personal life, news, and media contexts.