What is the antonym of “maniacal”?
The antonym of maniacal are sane, balanced, and reasonable. These words convey a sense of mental stability and rationality, which is the opposite of maniacal behavior.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a sound mind; mentally healthy and rational.
Despite the stressful situation, she remained sane and made rational decisions.
Being in a stable and harmonious state; not extreme or excessive.
A balanced diet is essential for maintaining good health.
Based on sound judgment and logic; fair and sensible.
It's reasonable to expect employees to arrive on time for work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sane refers to a person who has a sound mind and is mentally healthy.
- 2Balanced describes a state of being in harmony and not extreme or excessive.
- 3Reasonable implies that something is based on sound judgment and logic.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express opinions about someone's behavior or actions.
- 2Discuss Mental Health: Incorporate these words in discussions about mental health and well-being.
- 3Describe Situations: Utilize these antonyms to describe situations that require rationality and balance.
The antonyms sane, balanced, and reasonable convey a sense of mental stability and rationality, which is the opposite of maniacal behavior. Use these words to express opinions, discuss mental health, and describe situations that require rationality and balance.