What is the antonym of “manyfold”?
The antonyms of manyfold are single and one-fold. The antonyms single and one-fold convey the opposite meaning of manyfold, which means multiple or many times.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Only one in number; not multiple or several.
He ordered a single scoop of ice cream instead of a double.
Having one layer or fold; not multiple or many-layered.
The one-fold brochure was easier to read than the multi-page booklet.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Single refers to something that is one in number, while manyfold refers to something that is multiple or many times.
- 2One-fold refers to something that has one layer or fold, while manyfold refers to something that has multiple layers or folds.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use manyfold to describe numbers that are multiple or many times larger than another number.
- 2Design: Use one-fold to describe designs that have only one layer or fold, while manyfold can be used to describe designs with multiple layers or folds.
- 3Language: Use these antonyms to expand vocabulary and improve communication skills.