What is the antonym of “materialize”?
The antonyms of materialize are disappear, vanish, and evaporate. These words describe the opposite of materialize, which means to become actual or real.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To cease to be visible or present.
The magician made the rabbit disappear from the hat.
To disappear suddenly and completely.
The thief vanished into thin air before the police arrived.
To change from a liquid or solid state to a vapor or gas.
The water in the pot started to evaporate as it boiled.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disappear refers to something that was visible or present but is no longer there.
- 2Vanish describes something that disappears suddenly and completely.
- 3Evaporate describes a physical process where a substance changes from a liquid or solid state to a gas.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your descriptions.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to understand their usage in context.
The antonyms of materialize are disappear, vanish, and evaporate. These words describe different ways in which something can cease to exist. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience.