What is the antonym of “maturation”?
The antonyms of maturation are immaturity and stagnation. The antonym immaturity refers to a lack of development or experience, while stagnation implies a lack of growth or progress.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of development or experience; not fully grown or developed.
His immaturity was evident in his inability to handle criticism.
A lack of growth or progress; a state of inactivity or decline.
The company's stagnation was due to its failure to innovate and adapt to changing market conditions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Immaturity refers to a lack of development or experience, while maturation implies growth and progress.
- 2Stagnation refers to a lack of growth or progress, while maturation implies development and advancement.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Growth: Use these antonyms to reflect on personal growth and identify areas for improvement.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about learning and development.
- 3Business: Utilize these antonyms in business contexts to discuss growth and progress.
The antonyms of maturation are immaturity and stagnation. Use immaturity to describe a lack of development or experience, and stagnation to describe a lack of growth or progress. Use these antonyms to reflect on personal growth, discuss learning and development, and talk about business growth and progress.