What is the antonym of “mechanically”?
The antonyms of mechanically are manually and spontaneously. The antonym manually refers to doing something by hand, while spontaneously refers to doing something without planning or external influence.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
By hand, without the use of machinery or automation.
He had to manually turn the crank to start the engine.
Happening naturally or without external influence; unplanned.
She spontaneously burst into song when she heard her favorite tune on the radio.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Manually refers to doing something by hand, while mechanically refers to doing something with the help of machinery or automation.
- 2Spontaneously refers to doing something without planning or external influence, while mechanically implies a lack of creativity or spontaneity.
Good things to know
- 1Technical Writing: Use manually and mechanically to describe processes in technical writing.
- 2Creative Writing: Use spontaneously to describe characters who act impulsively or without planning.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in everyday conversation to express different ways of doing things.
The antonyms of mechanically are manually and spontaneously. Use manually to describe doing something by hand, and spontaneously to describe doing something without planning. These words can be used in technical writing, creative writing, and everyday conversation to express different ways of doing things.