What is the antonym of “medio”?
The antonyms of medio in Spanish are extreme, edge, and periphery. These words convey the opposite meaning of medio, which is something that is in the middle or halfway between two points.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Reaching a high or the highest degree; very great.
The weather was extremely hot, and we had to stay indoors to avoid the heat.
The outer limit or border of something.
She stood at the edge of the cliff, looking down at the sea below.
The outermost part or boundary of an area.
The town was located on the periphery of the city, far away from the center.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Extreme refers to something that is at the highest degree, while medio is something that is in the middle.
- 2Edge refers to the outer limit or border of something, while medio is something that is halfway between two points.
- 3Periphery refers to the outermost part or boundary of an area, while medio is something that is in the middle.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more vivid descriptions and add variety to your language.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to improve your comprehension and understanding of the text.