What is the antonym of “meditative”?
The antonyms of meditative are unreflective and shallow. The antonym unreflective implies a lack of deep thought or contemplation, while shallow suggests a lack of depth or seriousness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not given to deep or serious thought; lacking in introspection.
He was an unreflective person who never took the time to consider his actions.
Lacking depth or seriousness; superficial.
The book was criticized for its shallow characters and predictable plot.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unreflective describes a person who does not engage in deep or serious thought.
- 2Shallow describes something that lacks depth or substance.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Describe Personalities: Use meditative and its antonyms to describe people's personalities and thinking styles.
- 3Analyze Literature: Use these antonyms to analyze and critique literature, film, and other forms of media.
The antonyms of meditative are unreflective and shallow. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, describe personalities, and analyze literature. Unreflective describes a person who does not engage in deep thought, while shallow describes something that lacks depth or substance.