What is the antonym of “meekest”?
The antonyms of meekest are arrogant, domineering, and presumptuous. These words describe people who are confident, assertive, and often overbearing in their behavior.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities; displaying a sense of superiority over others.
He was so arrogant that he never listened to anyone else's opinions.
Exerting control or influence over others in an overbearing manner; bossy.
She was a domineering boss who always wanted things done her way.
Assuming too much without proper justification; overstepping one's bounds.
It was presumptuous of him to assume that he would get the job without even applying.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Arrogant describes someone who thinks they are better than others and acts accordingly.
- 2Domineering describes someone who wants to control others and make them do what they want.
- 3Presumptuous describes someone who assumes something without having the right to do so.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Communication: Use these words to describe people's behavior and attitudes in conversations.
- 3Develop Empathy: Recognize these traits in others to understand their motivations and perspectives.
The antonyms of meekest describe people who are confident, assertive, and often overbearing. Use arrogant to describe someone who thinks they are better than others, domineering to describe someone who wants to control others, and presumptuous to describe someone who assumes something without having the right to do so. Incorporate these words into your vocabulary to improve communication, develop empathy, and express yourself more precisely.