What is the antonym of “memorious”?
The antonyms of memorious are forgetful and amnesiac. The antonyms forgetful and amnesiac describe a lack of memory or ability to remember.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Tending to forget things easily or frequently.
She's so forgetful that she often misplaces her keys.
A person who has lost their memory, either partially or completely.
After the accident, he became an amnesiac and couldn't remember anything about his past.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Forgetful is a general term that describes a tendency to forget things easily or frequently.
- 2Amnesiac is a more specific term that describes a person who has lost their memory, either partially or completely.
Good things to know
- 1Daily Life: Use forgetful to describe someone who frequently forgets things.
- 2Medical Context: Use amnesiac in medical contexts to describe a person who has lost their memory.
- 3Writing: Use these antonyms in writing to create characters with distinct memory abilities.