What is the antonym of “milder”?
The antonym of milder is harsher, stronger, and more severe. The antonyms harsher, stronger, and more severe convey a more intense or extreme degree of something. It implies a greater level of force, severity, or intensity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
More severe or cruel in nature; lacking gentleness or kindness.
The punishment for breaking the law became harsher after the new legislation was passed.
Having a greater degree of power, intensity, or effect.
The medicine had a stronger effect on her body than she anticipated.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Harsher implies a lack of gentleness or kindness, while milder suggests a less severe or intense degree.
- 2Stronger denotes a greater degree of power, intensity, or effect, while milder implies a less potent or impactful degree.
- 3More severe conveys a more intense, serious, or extreme degree, while milder suggests a less severe or intense degree.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use harsher, stronger, and more severe to describe the degree of something effectively.
- 2Show Contrast: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate differences.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Harsher conveys a lack of gentleness or kindness, stronger denotes a greater degree of power or intensity, and more severe implies a more extreme degree. Use these words to enhance communication, show contrast in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and compelling narratives.