What is the antonym of “misanthropical”?
The antonyms of misanthropical are philanthropic and humanitarian. The antonyms philanthropic and humanitarian convey a positive and compassionate attitude towards humanity. It implies a love for people and a desire to help them.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a desire to promote the welfare of others, especially by donating money to good causes.
The billionaire's philanthropic efforts have helped thousands of people in need.
Concerned with or seeking to promote human welfare.
Doctors Without Borders is a humanitarian organization that provides medical aid to people affected by war and disasters.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Philanthropic refers to the act of donating money or resources to help others.
- 2Humanitarian refers to the concern for human welfare and the promotion of human rights.
Good things to know
- 1Express Positive Attitude: Use philanthropic and humanitarian to express a positive and compassionate attitude towards humanity.
- 2Discuss Charity Work: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about charity work and social responsibility.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Philanthropic refers to donating money or resources to help others, while humanitarian refers to the concern for human welfare and the promotion of human rights. Use these words to express a positive attitude, discuss charity work, and enrich your vocabulary.