What is the antonym of “misbuttoned”?
The antonyms of misbuttoned are buttoned and fastened. The antonyms buttoned and fastened convey a state of being properly secured or closed, while misbuttoned implies that something is not correctly fastened.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having buttons fastened or secured.
She looked neat and tidy with her shirt buttoned all the way up.
Securely attached or closed.
Make sure the seatbelt is fastened before starting the car.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Buttoned refers to the state of having buttons secured or closed.
- 2Fastened refers to the state of being securely attached or closed.
- 3Misbuttoned refers to the state of something being incorrectly buttoned or fastened.
Good things to know
- 1Clothing: Use buttoned to describe clothing that has buttons secured or closed.
- 2Safety: Use fastened to describe something that is securely attached or closed, such as a seatbelt or helmet.
- 3Mistakes: Use misbuttoned to describe an error in buttoning or fastening something.
The antonyms buttoned and fastened convey a state of being properly secured or closed, while misbuttoned implies that something is not correctly fastened. Use these words to describe clothing, safety measures, or mistakes in buttoning or fastening.