What is the antonym of “misdirect”?
The antonyms of misdirect are guide, direct, and instruct. These words convey the opposite meaning of misdirect, which is to give someone wrong or inaccurate directions or instructions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To show or indicate the way to someone; to lead or direct someone.
The tour guide will guide us through the city and show us all the famous landmarks.
To give someone clear and specific instructions or guidance on what to do.
The manager will direct the team on how to complete the project successfully.
To teach or educate someone by giving them information or directions.
The teacher will instruct the students on how to solve the math problem step by step.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Guide implies leading someone in a certain direction, while direct implies giving specific instructions on what to do.
- 2Instruct implies teaching or educating someone by providing information or directions, while misdirect implies giving someone wrong or inaccurate information or directions.
Good things to know
- 1Travel: Use guide to ask for directions or help while traveling.
- 2Management: Use direct to give clear instructions to employees or team members.
- 3Education: Use instruct to teach or educate students in a classroom setting.