What is the antonym of “misesteemed”?
The antonyms of misesteemed are respect, admire, and value. These antonyms convey a positive or high regard for someone or something. They imply a sense of appreciation, admiration, or esteem.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To hold someone or something in high regard; to show consideration or honor.
I respect my parents for their hard work and dedication to our family.
To regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval; to look up to or respect.
I admire her courage and determination to pursue her dreams.
To consider something important, useful, or beneficial; to place worth or significance on something.
I value my education because it provides me with knowledge and skills that I can use throughout my life.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Respect implies a sense of honor or consideration for someone or something.
- 2Admire conveys a sense of wonder, pleasure, or approval for someone or something.
- 3Value denotes the importance, usefulness, or significance of someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Appreciation: Use respect, admire, and value to show appreciation for someone or something.
- 2Build Relationships: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to build positive relationships with others.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Respect conveys honor and consideration, admire denotes wonder and approval, and value refers to importance and usefulness. Use these words to express appreciation, build relationships, and enrich your vocabulary.