The Opposite(Antonym) of “mishap”
The antonyms of mishap are luck and success. The antonyms luck and success convey a positive or fortunate outcome. It implies a lack of misfortune, failure, or bad luck.
Explore all Antonyms of “mishap”
Definitions and Examples of luck, success
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.
He had the luck to win the lottery and become a millionaire overnight.
The accomplishment of an aim or purpose; the attainment of fame, wealth, or social status.
After years of hard work, she finally achieved success in her career and became a CEO.
Key Differences: luck vs success
- 1Luck is a term that describes success or failure brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.
- 2Success is a term that describes the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, often through one's own efforts.
Effective Usage of luck, success
- 1Express Gratitude: Use luck and success to express gratitude for positive outcomes.
- 2Motivate Others: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to motivate others towards achieving success.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add variety and depth to your language.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Luck conveys success or failure brought by chance, while success denotes the accomplishment of an aim or purpose through one's own efforts. Use these words to express gratitude, motivate others, and enrich your vocabulary.