What is the antonym of “misshape”?
The antonyms of misshape are shape, form, and mold. These words convey the opposite meaning of misshape, which means to deform or distort something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The external form or appearance of an object, person, or thing.
The artist used clay to shape a beautiful vase.
The shape of the building was unique and eye-catching.
The visible shape or configuration of something.
The form of the sculpture was intricate and detailed.
She used her hands to form the dough into a perfect circle.
A hollow container used to give shape to molten or liquid material as it cools and hardens.
The chef used a mold to create perfectly shaped cupcakes.
The candle maker poured wax into a mold to create a unique shape.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Shape refers to the external appearance of an object, while form refers to its visible structure or configuration.
- 2Mold is a hollow container used to give shape to molten or liquid material, while misshape means to deform or distort something.
Good things to know
- 1Art and Design: Use shape, form, and mold to describe the appearance and structure of objects in art and design.
- 2Cooking and Baking: Use mold to create perfectly shaped food items like cupcakes, chocolates, and jellies.
- 3Manufacturing and Production: Use shape and form to describe the structure and configuration of products in manufacturing and production processes.