What is the antonym of “mistrustful”?
The antonyms of mistrustful are trustful and confident. The antonyms trustful and confident convey a positive emotional state. It implies a belief in oneself or others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing trust or confidence in someone or something.
She is trustful of her best friend and shares all her secrets with her.
Feeling or showing certainty about something; self-assured.
He is confident that he will ace the exam because he has studied hard.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Trustful implies a belief in someone or something, while confident implies a belief in oneself.
- 2Trustful is often used to describe a relationship between two people, while confident is more commonly used to describe an individual's state of mind.
Good things to know
- 1Express Trust: Use trustful to show that you have faith in someone or something.
- 2Boost Confidence: Use confident to encourage yourself or others to believe in their abilities.
- 3Improve Relationships: Use trustful to describe a healthy and trusting relationship between two people.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Trustful implies a belief in someone or something, while confident implies a belief in oneself. Use these words to express trust, boost confidence, and improve relationships.