What is the antonym of “modulated”?
The antonyms of modulated are unmodulated and unaltered. The antonym unmodulated implies that there is no variation or control in the sound or signal, while unaltered means that there has been no change or adjustment made to the sound or signal.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not varying or controlled in sound or signal.
The radio station had an unmodulated signal, making it difficult to listen to.
Not changed or adjusted in any way.
The recording was played back unaltered, with no editing or enhancements.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unmodulated refers specifically to a lack of variation or control in sound or signal.
- 2Unaltered refers to something that has not been changed or adjusted in any way.
Good things to know
- 1Technical Writing: Use unmodulated and unaltered to describe technical specifications and requirements.
- 2Audio Engineering: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing sound quality and signal processing.
- 3Science and Research: Utilize these antonyms when describing experimental conditions and data analysis.
The antonyms of modulated are unmodulated and unaltered. Unmodulated refers to a lack of variation or control in sound or signal, while unaltered means that there has been no change or adjustment made to the sound or signal. These antonyms can be used in technical writing, audio engineering, and science and research contexts.