What is the antonym of “mollescent”?
The antonyms of mollescent are firm, hard, and rigid. These antonyms describe objects or substances that are not soft or pliable.
See all the antonyms of “mollescent”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Solid and not easily moved or changed in shape.
The mattress was firm and provided good support for his back.
Not easily penetrated; solid and firm to the touch.
The candy had become hard and difficult to chew.
Stiff and not able to bend or be flexed.
The metal rod was rigid and could not be bent by hand.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Firm describes something that is solid and not easily moved or changed in shape.
- 2Hard describes something that is not easily penetrated and is firm to the touch.
- 3Rigid describes something that is stiff and cannot be bent or flexed.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Objects: Use these antonyms to describe the texture or consistency of objects.
- 2Science and Engineering: Use these antonyms to describe the properties of materials in science and engineering fields.
- 3Cooking: Use these antonyms to describe the texture of food, such as meat or vegetables.