What is the antonym of “monaural”?
The antonyms of monaural are stereophonic and binaural. The antonyms stereophonic and binaural convey a different type of sound experience than monaural.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to or producing sound that is directed through two or more speakers.
The concert was amazing because the music was played in stereophonic sound.
Relating to or involving both ears.
The ASMR video was recorded using binaural microphones to create a realistic sound experience.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Stereophonic refers to sound that is directed through two or more speakers, creating a sense of space and depth.
- 2Binaural refers to sound that is recorded using two microphones, one for each ear, creating a three-dimensional sound experience.
- 3Monaural refers to sound that is recorded or played through a single channel, without any spatial or directional information.
Good things to know
- 1Audio Production: Use these antonyms to describe different types of sound recording and playback techniques.
- 2Music Appreciation: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about music production and sound quality.
- 3Technology: Use these antonyms to describe different types of headphones, speakers, and audio equipment.