Definitions and Examples of wholesome, healthy
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Conducive to or promoting physical, mental, and moral well-being; healthful.
Eating a wholesome diet and exercising regularly can help maintain good health.
In a good physical, mental, and emotional state; free from disease or illness.
She was feeling healthy and energetic after getting enough sleep and eating a balanced meal.
Key Differences: wholesome vs healthy
- 1Wholesome refers to something that is conducive to overall well-being, including physical, mental, and moral aspects.
- 2Healthy refers to a state of being free from disease or illness, both physically and mentally.
Effective Usage of wholesome, healthy
- 1Health and Wellness: Use wholesome and healthy to describe a positive and healthy state of being.
- 2Food and Nutrition: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing healthy eating habits and nutritious food choices.
- 3Positive Lifestyle: Use these words to promote a positive and healthy lifestyle, including exercise, self-care, and stress management.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Wholesome refers to overall well-being, while healthy refers to a state of being free from disease or illness. Use these words to promote health and wellness, discuss healthy eating habits, and encourage a positive lifestyle.