The Opposite(Antonym) of “needy”
The antonyms of needy are self-sufficient and independent. The antonyms self-sufficient and independent convey a state of not needing help or support from others. It implies a sense of self-reliance and autonomy.
Explore all Antonyms of “needy”
Definitions and Examples of self-sufficient, independent
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to provide for one's own needs without external assistance.
After years of living alone, she became self-sufficient and didn't need anyone's help.
Not requiring or relying on others for help or support; capable of making one's own decisions.
He was always independent and never asked for anyone's help.
Key Differences: self-sufficient vs independent
- 1Self-sufficient implies a complete ability to provide for oneself without any external help.
- 2Independent implies a capability of making one's own decisions and not relying on others for help or support.
Effective Usage of self-sufficient, independent
- 1Personal Growth: Use these antonyms to describe personal growth and development towards self-reliance.
- 2Professional Development: Use these antonyms to describe the qualities of an ideal employee who can work independently and efficiently.
- 3Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the qualities of a partner who is self-sufficient and independent.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Self-sufficient implies a complete ability to provide for oneself without any external help, while independent implies a capability of making one's own decisions and not relying on others for help or support. Use these words to describe personal growth, professional development, and relationships.