Definitions and Examples of approved, accepted
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having received official permission or authorization.
The project was approved by the board of directors after careful consideration.
Recognized as valid, correct, or suitable.
His proposal was accepted by the committee as it met all the requirements.
Key Differences: approved vs accepted
- 1Approved refers to something that has been officially authorized or permitted.
- 2Accepted refers to something that is recognized as valid, correct, or suitable.
Effective Usage of approved, accepted
- 1Business: Use approved and accepted in business settings to describe decisions made by management or committees.
- 2Academics: Use approved and accepted in academic writing to describe research findings or methodologies.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use approved and accepted in everyday conversations to describe decisions, opinions, or ideas.
The antonyms approved and accepted convey a positive or affirmative meaning. Use these words in business, academic, and everyday conversations to describe decisions, opinions, or ideas that have been officially authorized, recognized as valid, correct, or suitable.