The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonconformism”
The antonyms of nonconformism are conformity, compliance, and orthodoxy. These antonyms describe the opposite of nonconformism, which is the act of not following established norms or standards.
Definitions and Examples of conformity, compliance, orthodoxy
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of following established norms, rules, or standards.
The school's dress code requires conformity to a specific uniform.
The act of obeying or following rules, regulations, or requests.
The company's employees must demonstrate compliance with safety regulations.
The adherence to traditional or established beliefs, customs, or practices.
The church's teachings emphasize orthodoxy and discourage deviation from established doctrines.
Key Differences: conformity vs compliance vs orthodoxy
- 1Conformity refers to following established norms or standards, while nonconformism is the act of not following them.
- 2Compliance refers to obeying rules or requests, while nonconformism is the act of not obeying them.
- 3Orthodoxy refers to adherence to traditional beliefs or practices, while nonconformism is the act of deviating from them.
Effective Usage of conformity, compliance, orthodoxy
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express opinions about conformity or nonconformity.
- 2Discuss Social Issues: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about social norms and expectations.
- 3Analyze Literature: Utilize these antonyms to analyze characters who conform or do not conform to societal expectations.
The antonyms of nonconformism are conformity, compliance, and orthodoxy. These antonyms describe the opposite of nonconformism, which is the act of not following established norms or standards. Use these words to express opinions, discuss social issues, and analyze literature.